Friday, January 5, 2018

Scars - 4-Star Review

SCARS
By: Eliza Bates


Scars is one of those books that linger on your mind after you’ve read the last page.  While the first chapter seemed a bit random at first, as you keep reading you realize just how much backstory is contained in those pages.  By the time I hit chapter 2, I was hooked and could not put the book down.  

This book was fresh and unlike any other story that I have read.  I was thrilled that at no point in time was I able to predict any future plot points or twists.  It kept me guessing through to the end 
and left me wanting more of the story.  Of course the tease of book 2 at the back of Scars was just enough to make me even more anxious for its release.  

I do have to admit that some of the side characters seemed a little under developed and a few 
minute details didn’t seem to line up (or possibly went over my head), but the story had such a 
tight hold of my attention that it didn’t even detract from the reading experience.  

Overall, Scars is a great book to curl up with and get lost in over a weekend. I was so pleasantly 
surprised with the complexity and unpredictability of the main characters that I could not put it 
down until the very end. I definitely recommend picking this one up!

Pick up your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment